How to calculate local caregiver hourly rate in order to know what to charge for your home care services
Key ways of determining the average local caregiver hourly rate
You definitely need to think about how much you will charge before you accept a mandate. It will be much harder to go back on an agreed amount so you need do your research.
- Will your home care business charge by the hour, week, month?
Your service rate is typically based on a combination of two factors;
- What are the industry wage amounts in your location, and what additional services that you plan on offering your clients. Be ready to justify why you charge more if you are asked.
- An excellent way to check your local competitors and what they offer is through local home care websites. You can also call your competitors directly and use the Home Care Competitor Call Script to find out what they are offering!
Caregiver services that you offer determine the rate you can charge!
- Emergency Care (More flexible assistance as needed)
- Caregiver experience (working with clients diagnosed with dementia)
- Car (year and model) for outings, errands and appointments
- Business liability insurance
- Charge account/credit card for expense